CARACAL air assault vehicle
The brand new CARACAL is Rheinmetall’s answer to the upcoming airborne vehicle requirements in Germany and various armies around the world.
Based on the latest militarized and series-proven G-Class chassis, the CARACAL enables a wide array of capabilities covering the full airborne operational spectrum. The compact vehicle design allows air-transportability as internal load or as underslung transport matching with the latest CH-47F Chinook and CH-53K King Stallion helicopters and comes with highest mobility, a lightweight superstructure and optionally mountable ballistic protection elements.
Its unique modular design allows CARACAL to serve in airborne operations in various roles ranging from simple troop transport, via ambulance applications to combat engineer groups and different logistic applications.
- Exclusive cooperation between Rheinmetall, Mercedes-Benz and ACS
- Latest generation military-of-the-shelf G-Class chassis by Mercedes-Benz
- Lightweight and modular superstructure by ACS
- Transport of up to two vehicles inside heavy transport helicopters CH-47F and CH-53K
- Air transportability as underslung load
- Integration of standard infantry weapons and ATGM weapons on ring mount
- Large scale series production availability from 2023 onwards
- Full life cycle support over 20 years by Rheinmetall