Shorten the chain of rescue
Rheinmetall Mission Master – Unmanned ground vehicle saves lives
The Rheinmetall Mission Master is an unmanned vehicle. With the "Rescue" mission package, it can be used in medical evacuation operations (MedEvac) and to contribute towards saving lives.
On the battlefield, most deaths occur at some point between the time of injury and arrival at a medical facility. Thanks to its scalable autonomy and high network capability, the Mission Master can intelligently shorten the chain of rescue in such situations:
1. Many military tasks are so-called 3D tasks (dull, dirty, dangerous). Some of these tasks can be carried out by an Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) in order to avoid unnecessary hardship or to prevent endangering human lives (danger of NBC warfare agents, firefights, etc.)
2. The necessary deployment of a mobile medical team can be partially replaced by the Mission Master Rescue. In Platooning Mode (or also Follow-Me Mode), the vehicle can provide transport of casualties by transporting wounded persons who can be monitored by the inclusion of medical equipment and the connection to a doctor in the lead vehicle. The vehicles can be individually equipped as required – for example with respirators, a defibrillator, thermal containers, head and foot fixations, etc.
3. The Mission Master can be used for different missions and can provide support in many ways. The UGV is available in six other mission modules:
- Reconnaissance and surveillance
- Transport (mule)
- Protection: Weapon carrier
- NBC detection (detection of warfare agents)
- Communication relay
- Fire-fighting vehicle
The UGV can thus be used with the latest sensors for space surveillance (reconnaissance) or can be equipped with various protection systems (smoke projector) to protect motorised and non-motorised forces.
By clicking on and playing this video, a connection to YouTube will be established, resulting in a data processing by YouTube (Google). By playing this video you agree to this data processing and to the setting of cookies on your device. › Further information can be found here.
This video is embedded in YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode, which blocks the setting of YouTube cookies until you actively play the video.
By clicking on the play button, you give your consent for YouTube to set cookies on your device, which may also be used to analyze usage behavior for market research and marketing purposes. Since YouTube is provided by the US-American company Google, a transmission of your data to the USA cannot be excluded.
By clicking on the playback button, you therefore also expressly agree in accordance with Art. 49 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR that your data collected through these YouTube cookies can also be processed by YouTube/Google in the USA. The European Court of Justice (ECJ) has qualified the USA as a country with a level of data protection inadequate to EU standards. We have no influence on this data processing.
Using the Mission Master allows personnel to be deployed more efficiently, because the UGV performs certain tasks without risk to the lives and health of the soldiers.
Dr. Marc Lemmermann, Vice President Regional Business Development:
"The vehicle is so versatile, you have to see it live. It is easy to learn how to operate it and users love it."
More about the Rheinmetall Mission Master
As new customers, the British armed forces recently ordered four Cargo versions of the Rheinmetall Mission Master. Read more about the Mission Master.