American Rheinmetall Defense
Next-generation solutions for the U.S. Armed Forces
American Rheinmetall Defense, Inc., headquartered in Reston, VA, is the U.S. hub for Reinmetall – a key player in the European defense industry – that brings the global company's complete range of defense and security products to the United States market. Rheinmetall is a longstanding partner of NATO and has many years of experience as a top supplier to the U.S. Department of Defense.
American Rheinmetall Defense delivers next-generation capabilities to the U.S. Armed Forces that address today’s highest modernization priorities including advanced direct and long-range precision fires, soldier lethality, and combat vehicles – solutions that ensure our military achieves not just overmatch on the battlefield today, but for years to come.
American Rheinmetall Defense is committed to delivering next-generation solutions to the U.S. Armed Forces in support of their critical modernization priorities.
Follow us into the future.
Rheinmetall's U.S. hub
Rheinmetall's U.S. organization includes established engineering and production capabilities that allow it to modify existing products and develop new solutions that meet the priority requirements of its US customers. These products consist of, but are not limited to, game-changing solutions for next-generation vehicles, innovations for increased soldier lethality, and advanced high-tech munitions.
American Rheinmetall Defense, as the U.S. hub, constitutes a centralized support structure for its three specialized operating companies: American Rheinmetall Systems, American Rheinmetall Munitions, and American Rheinmetall Vehicles. The U.S. hub is positioned to provide guidance to these companies by:
- establishing and maintaining U.S. industry and government relationships,
- managing business development and customer engagement activities,
- developing and implementing corporate strategies, and
- leading and executing all marketing efforts.
Rheinmetall – Force protection is our mission
Rheinmetall's specialized corporations and capabilities in the U.S.
American Rheinmetall Munitions
Stafford, Virginia – Headquarters
Camden, Arkansas and Windham, Maine – Production
- Medium caliber low and high velocity munitions
- Large caliber munitions
- Extended range artillery
- Sound and flash grenades
- Handheld and vehicle mounted smoke screening grenades
- Expandable hand grenades
- Day and night training and practice cartridges
- Tactical marker cartridges
- Airburst munition technology
- Munitions fuzing
- Active protection systems
- Naval and airborne decoys
American Rheinmetall Systems
- Weapon mounted laser ranging, aiming and illuminating devices
- Weapon mounted fire control systems
- Remote weapon station systems and optics, including HD camera modules
- Heavy weapon mounts and improvement packages
- Vehicle mounted surveillance and fire control solutions
- Programming units for airburst munitions
- Electronic systems for vehicles
- Soldier situational awareness systems
- Unmanned ground vehicle platforms
American Rheinmetall Vehicles
Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Main battle tanks
- Tracked infantry fighting vehicles
- Wheeled and tracked armored vehicles and armored support vehicles
- Tactical trucks and militarized trucks
- Manned and unmanned turret systems
- Robotic and autonomous systems
The dynamic developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic are being monitored very closely by us. For this reason, events may be postponed or cancelled at short notice. Please also refer to the websites of the respective organisers.
American Rheinmetall Defense participates in the following events regularly:
- Air Force Warfare Symposium
- AUSA Global Force
- Sea, Air & Space
- Modern Day Marine
- Field Artillery Symposium
- Ft. Benning Maneuver Conference
Meet with Rheinmetall leadership at the show
Proudly supporting industry associations
Learn more about the industry associations on their websites: